Brandy's Writers Cramp

I write ... therefore, I am. These works will be fictional, slightly non-fictional or ... thought provoking. Enjoy!!

Friday, November 11, 2016

Letter to the Editor


2016 Election -- Letter to the Editor

by
B.D. Adams 

   The news that Donald Trump was elected President caused me profound disappointment as a disabled person.
   In 1998, I suffered a stroke which seriously affected my right hemisphere. When I watched Mr. Trump on a news show as he mocked and mimicked a disabled reporter, I was appalled!
   His actions were rude and unfeeling. That conduct was totally inappropriate for someone running for the highest position in the United States. Although I have other issues with Mr. Trump, to see him flailing his arms to mock a disabled person was hurtful to me in an especially personal way.
   I can only hope that Mr. Trump’s promise to “make America Great again” would include his disabled citizens, such as myself and the many others.


**   I was very aware that Mr. Trump, supposedly, was NOT referring to a disabled, Pulitzer Prize-winning reporter with the New York Times who had interviewed the candidate. If that was indeed the case, why did he behavior in that extremely rude manner anyway? Most educated people know that people with physical disabilities are not retarded. 
   Most everyone who knows my Blog, and me, know that I and others like me are just people with physical limitations. Granted, some disabilities are more extreme than others. However, the candidate running for the highest position in the United States should know better than to ridicule or mock any person because of their disabilities. 
   Because of Mr. Trump's callous treatment of an "unknown" disabled person, I sure hope he never mocks or is rude to Stephen Hawking, one of the most intelligent people in the world!
   If nothing else, next time you might see someone -- friend or someone you know -- behave in the same way as Mr. Trump or make an off-the-cuff comment, please consider this Blog Post. **

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home